Hello Everyone,
This is the week of May 20th to the 26th. We had a zone conference on Monday! So we got up in the morning in a hotel. We went to a park, got there really early and played some basketball with the members and some other missionaries. Super fun. After that we got some breakfast and went to the church for zone conference. We had some really good training on teaching and getting people to church. After lunch we had interviews with president, which was fantastic because president is really good. I really like president. Then we got on a bus and went back to the old area. We grabbed some dinner with the sisters so that we could prepare for English class the next day. After that we just invited and walked home. We found a nice guy who is interested in going to English. That was a good day.
The next morning we went to a member's house who is less active old and kind of forgetting everything; I guess kind of your typical, very less active man. It took a while to get over there but we made it and we talked with him for a little bit longer than anticipated. Then we were late heading to a member's house at 10, and we were far away. As we were leaving I noticed my back tire is flat as flat can be like, there's no air left in it at all. I took it all apart and found the hole. It was weird. I didn't run over anything. It was a burst in the inner tube, but it was not even an old bike tire. That was weird. We spent 40 minutes getting it fixed and getting home. We changed our clothes and ran over to Sis.Wan's house. She had some grass that needed to be pulled out so we served her and pulled out some grass and it was fun. We finished it and she fed us lunch. Then we went home, showered, changed, did some studies and ran out the door to go see our very drunk man. On the way there we had to stop by the church. There's this kid named Root at the church who is autistic and he's like, I want to follow you guys. And we said no, we are going to teach someone. But he followed us. We taught the super drunk guy and in the end Root actually helped us because he sent some people away and was like, "Hey, don't bother them, they're teaching!" It was kind of funny. Then we taught our dater, Sis. Whale (who is not a dater anymore because she's baptized now!) and we reviewed the baptismal interview with her. Then English class was that night.
Wednesday was our p day. In the morning we played basketball and I fixed the rim and the net so it's more playable. Then we met up with the other elders and we got some fabric for some ties and stuff. For lunch we had pizza hut, the lunch buffet, so good. In the evening we went over to a member's house named Herb and his wife Kate. We went to their bakery and got some food and we were wanting to get to know them and ask for some referrals. But the sisters were there too and we just ended up talking about a lot of different stuff. Then we left and we talked to Sun and his mom. At dinner I was so full because we had had that pizza buffet and then more stuff at the herbs house and so I just could not eat. But Sun gave us a bunch of food. We tried to talk to him and his mom, but his mom was kinda not there.
Thursday morning we went to visit a guy named Sote, next to the watermelon place, his watermelon patch. He wasn't there unfortunately. But his nephew Dia was so we met him. He's a super drunk guy. At some point you get so drunk that you're always drinking, always drinking and you die if you don't drink because it's like, in your blood. That's where Dia is at. But he said he'd been to church before and he wants to go to church and so we taught him, he's a nice guy. We also taught a guy named Tape. It was a pretty long lesson about the plan of salvation. On our way to lunch I dropped some fabric off with a member with some measurements and she had it all ready by Sunday because she was afraid I would leave. It was impressive how fast she got it done and everything looks way good. So we dropped that off and then had lunch and stopped a member's little shop and talked for a few minutes. He said he might have some opportunities for us to come help him. So we're like, sweet! Service, let's do it. Then we came home, studied, made some calls, and then left to go see a kid named, Noon. He was baptized a couple years ago. Now he's kind of less active though. He's nice. We didn't really have time to invite after that which was sad. Then we had English class, so fun. After English class I switched it off with Elder Smith.
We headed out first thing to go see Sis. Tepe who is a recent convert. She sells noodles and we went there but she wasn't there yet. So we talked to the dad, he didn't really want to talk to us. So we went to talk to the other Sis. Tepe. She's nice. We helped her cut some pig skin so she can boil and fry it and make it edible. After helping her we went back to the other Sis. Tepe and taught her. We came home and did some studies, had lunch and ran over to Ole's house (he's a less active member). We brought our buddy Bro. Bank to go help us teach and that was way sick because Bro. Bank is so good, so fire! It was a really good lesson. We talked about the temple. So good. Then Elder Smith gave Sis. Whale her baptismal interview, we got her baptismal record all done and that was way good. We ran over to our less active friend named No and talked to him. He's pretty cool. We also went to Nike's coffee shop and met the owner there who we've been trying to meet for awhile. The owner is pretty cool. He plays basketball. So Saturday night I'm thinking we're going to go play basketball with the boys as an inviting activity to try and meet with Golf and all these people and try and talk about the church and stuff. I think it'd be way cool. So we'll try that. Then we ran home, grabbed some dinner, met the sisters, got in a taxi, got to the train station and got on the train to Bangkok because Saturday was our super special meeting with Elder Ballard and so that was really fun. I love taking night trains. It's really fun and I'm only going to be able to take one a few more times here so I better enjoy it while I can. Sleeping on the trains is fun. We got into Bangkok about five o'clock went to the Bankhae elders house and slept for another hour or so. Then I got up with Elder Jorgensen and his companion and we went running for some exercise.Then we got showered and ready to go. Elder Milang and I left and visited a recent convert of mine, Sis. Fone. We got to see her son as well and we invited him to the evening meeting with Elder Ballard. He said he would go, but then in the end he didn't go, sad day. After that we ran over to the MRT, jumped on the subway and met Stop, Elder Thornock
and Elder Brown for lunch before the meeting. That was super fun. The meeting was really good! Elder Ballard, encouraged us to work with less active members, bring them back and then also to strengthen the church and build up the church as much as we can. Also we got a deadline on the temple. It was announced that within 30 months the temple will be built in Thailand, which means we have a lot of work to do in the next little bit to get this place ready for a temple. After the meeting we took a big mission picture and then we all went to the temple site and took more pictures, said some prayers and rededicated ourselves mentally to go back and work.
It was really awesome. It'll probably be the last time our entire group is all together before we go home, so we took a big picture all together, super fun. Then we went back to the church, got some ice cream, and then we all headed out, back to our areas. We got on our bus at 11 o'clock, had some food, fell asleep, woke up at 7 to some bus music. At church on Sunday I had a huge headache. I felt like everyone was trying to talk to me all at the same time. There were problems with the baptismal font, the water wasn't working. We couldn't find a towel. The investigator forgot to bring a set of extra clothes. All this stuff was happening at once. In the end she was baptized, thank goodness. After church we had a correlation meeting and then went home, studied and invited before going to our dinner appointment. Then we went to the park and invited the rest of the night and that was the night.
I feel like this whole week we just got wrecked. We had like four of the seven days, not in our area. Which is fun to run around and travel and do this stuff. But it's hard, when you have a week like that,to get back into the work. It's hard to get back adjusted.
My spiritual thought this week comes from Mormon 9. I had the impression that I should be reading the Book of Mormon more often so I randomly flipped to Mormon chapter 9. It's a good chapter. He talks about miracles, they haven't ceased because God is a god of miracles and if we have faith we can have miracles. I like verse 21, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth." Last transfer I asked for a baptism and I went into the transfer doubting nothing. And Sis. Whale got baptized! I feel like my faith has kind of been waning because I haven't been inviting like I used to and I feel like I haven't quite been giving my all like I used to. Basically I feel a lot more tired. I used to feel like sprinting all day long and I still couldn't run fast enough and now I feel like I'm going really hard and I'm really tired but it's been good. This transfer I made a goal to find 24 new investigators in the next transfer. The way to count the new investigators is, someone we meet, we teach them something and they accept a specific return appointment to meet again. That's four new investigators a week. I think it's doable. We'll what miracles that can come down.
Over and out, Elder Ellsworth.
This is the week of May 20th to the 26th. We had a zone conference on Monday! So we got up in the morning in a hotel. We went to a park, got there really early and played some basketball with the members and some other missionaries. Super fun. After that we got some breakfast and went to the church for zone conference. We had some really good training on teaching and getting people to church. After lunch we had interviews with president, which was fantastic because president is really good. I really like president. Then we got on a bus and went back to the old area. We grabbed some dinner with the sisters so that we could prepare for English class the next day. After that we just invited and walked home. We found a nice guy who is interested in going to English. That was a good day.
The next morning we went to a member's house who is less active old and kind of forgetting everything; I guess kind of your typical, very less active man. It took a while to get over there but we made it and we talked with him for a little bit longer than anticipated. Then we were late heading to a member's house at 10, and we were far away. As we were leaving I noticed my back tire is flat as flat can be like, there's no air left in it at all. I took it all apart and found the hole. It was weird. I didn't run over anything. It was a burst in the inner tube, but it was not even an old bike tire. That was weird. We spent 40 minutes getting it fixed and getting home. We changed our clothes and ran over to Sis.Wan's house. She had some grass that needed to be pulled out so we served her and pulled out some grass and it was fun. We finished it and she fed us lunch. Then we went home, showered, changed, did some studies and ran out the door to go see our very drunk man. On the way there we had to stop by the church. There's this kid named Root at the church who is autistic and he's like, I want to follow you guys. And we said no, we are going to teach someone. But he followed us. We taught the super drunk guy and in the end Root actually helped us because he sent some people away and was like, "Hey, don't bother them, they're teaching!" It was kind of funny. Then we taught our dater, Sis. Whale (who is not a dater anymore because she's baptized now!) and we reviewed the baptismal interview with her. Then English class was that night.
Wednesday was our p day. In the morning we played basketball and I fixed the rim and the net so it's more playable. Then we met up with the other elders and we got some fabric for some ties and stuff. For lunch we had pizza hut, the lunch buffet, so good. In the evening we went over to a member's house named Herb and his wife Kate. We went to their bakery and got some food and we were wanting to get to know them and ask for some referrals. But the sisters were there too and we just ended up talking about a lot of different stuff. Then we left and we talked to Sun and his mom. At dinner I was so full because we had had that pizza buffet and then more stuff at the herbs house and so I just could not eat. But Sun gave us a bunch of food. We tried to talk to him and his mom, but his mom was kinda not there.
Thursday morning we went to visit a guy named Sote, next to the watermelon place, his watermelon patch. He wasn't there unfortunately. But his nephew Dia was so we met him. He's a super drunk guy. At some point you get so drunk that you're always drinking, always drinking and you die if you don't drink because it's like, in your blood. That's where Dia is at. But he said he'd been to church before and he wants to go to church and so we taught him, he's a nice guy. We also taught a guy named Tape. It was a pretty long lesson about the plan of salvation. On our way to lunch I dropped some fabric off with a member with some measurements and she had it all ready by Sunday because she was afraid I would leave. It was impressive how fast she got it done and everything looks way good. So we dropped that off and then had lunch and stopped a member's little shop and talked for a few minutes. He said he might have some opportunities for us to come help him. So we're like, sweet! Service, let's do it. Then we came home, studied, made some calls, and then left to go see a kid named, Noon. He was baptized a couple years ago. Now he's kind of less active though. He's nice. We didn't really have time to invite after that which was sad. Then we had English class, so fun. After English class I switched it off with Elder Smith.
We headed out first thing to go see Sis. Tepe who is a recent convert. She sells noodles and we went there but she wasn't there yet. So we talked to the dad, he didn't really want to talk to us. So we went to talk to the other Sis. Tepe. She's nice. We helped her cut some pig skin so she can boil and fry it and make it edible. After helping her we went back to the other Sis. Tepe and taught her. We came home and did some studies, had lunch and ran over to Ole's house (he's a less active member). We brought our buddy Bro. Bank to go help us teach and that was way sick because Bro. Bank is so good, so fire! It was a really good lesson. We talked about the temple. So good. Then Elder Smith gave Sis. Whale her baptismal interview, we got her baptismal record all done and that was way good. We ran over to our less active friend named No and talked to him. He's pretty cool. We also went to Nike's coffee shop and met the owner there who we've been trying to meet for awhile. The owner is pretty cool. He plays basketball. So Saturday night I'm thinking we're going to go play basketball with the boys as an inviting activity to try and meet with Golf and all these people and try and talk about the church and stuff. I think it'd be way cool. So we'll try that. Then we ran home, grabbed some dinner, met the sisters, got in a taxi, got to the train station and got on the train to Bangkok because Saturday was our super special meeting with Elder Ballard and so that was really fun. I love taking night trains. It's really fun and I'm only going to be able to take one a few more times here so I better enjoy it while I can. Sleeping on the trains is fun. We got into Bangkok about five o'clock went to the Bankhae elders house and slept for another hour or so. Then I got up with Elder Jorgensen and his companion and we went running for some exercise.Then we got showered and ready to go. Elder Milang and I left and visited a recent convert of mine, Sis. Fone. We got to see her son as well and we invited him to the evening meeting with Elder Ballard. He said he would go, but then in the end he didn't go, sad day. After that we ran over to the MRT, jumped on the subway and met Stop, Elder Thornock
and Elder Brown for lunch before the meeting. That was super fun. The meeting was really good! Elder Ballard, encouraged us to work with less active members, bring them back and then also to strengthen the church and build up the church as much as we can. Also we got a deadline on the temple. It was announced that within 30 months the temple will be built in Thailand, which means we have a lot of work to do in the next little bit to get this place ready for a temple. After the meeting we took a big mission picture and then we all went to the temple site and took more pictures, said some prayers and rededicated ourselves mentally to go back and work.
It was really awesome. It'll probably be the last time our entire group is all together before we go home, so we took a big picture all together, super fun. Then we went back to the church, got some ice cream, and then we all headed out, back to our areas. We got on our bus at 11 o'clock, had some food, fell asleep, woke up at 7 to some bus music. At church on Sunday I had a huge headache. I felt like everyone was trying to talk to me all at the same time. There were problems with the baptismal font, the water wasn't working. We couldn't find a towel. The investigator forgot to bring a set of extra clothes. All this stuff was happening at once. In the end she was baptized, thank goodness. After church we had a correlation meeting and then went home, studied and invited before going to our dinner appointment. Then we went to the park and invited the rest of the night and that was the night.
I feel like this whole week we just got wrecked. We had like four of the seven days, not in our area. Which is fun to run around and travel and do this stuff. But it's hard, when you have a week like that,to get back into the work. It's hard to get back adjusted.
My spiritual thought this week comes from Mormon 9. I had the impression that I should be reading the Book of Mormon more often so I randomly flipped to Mormon chapter 9. It's a good chapter. He talks about miracles, they haven't ceased because God is a god of miracles and if we have faith we can have miracles. I like verse 21, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth." Last transfer I asked for a baptism and I went into the transfer doubting nothing. And Sis. Whale got baptized! I feel like my faith has kind of been waning because I haven't been inviting like I used to and I feel like I haven't quite been giving my all like I used to. Basically I feel a lot more tired. I used to feel like sprinting all day long and I still couldn't run fast enough and now I feel like I'm going really hard and I'm really tired but it's been good. This transfer I made a goal to find 24 new investigators in the next transfer. The way to count the new investigators is, someone we meet, we teach them something and they accept a specific return appointment to meet again. That's four new investigators a week. I think it's doable. We'll what miracles that can come down.
Over and out, Elder Ellsworth.
Comments
Post a Comment