Hello Everybody!
All right. This is the week of May 13th, to May 19th. For p day today we went and rode some elephants finally. Yay! It's the first time I've been able to finally ride an elephant bareback and it was super fun. But it very stressful because the members that wanted to go with us kind of took over the trip and we didn't really get a say in what was going on like we wanted to and that was kind of annoying because the members don't have a time constraint, like we do. We have to get home at a certain time and so fighting to get home on time is always super annoying. Anyways, after our fun excursion, we get back at about five and this is kind of where stuff starts to happen. We got back and I started getting ready to go to work. I was already dressed in missionary clothes. My companion, he takes his stuff and he throws it all in the laundry and I didn't really realize what was going on until it was too late and realized he had thrown all his clothes in the laundry. And I was like, Hey, what are you doing? We got to go out and work. And he was like, well, I didn't have time to time to wash my clothes today. So we can choose our choices, but we can't choose the consequences. And no we have to sit and wait for my clothes to wash. I was just beside myself. I was really mad because he knew what we were doing. And we have a, uh, what's it called? We have a clothes, a laundry thingy, a washing machine at our house that he can use anytime he wants. It doesn't have to be on the p day. Ok, not anytime we want, but we have time to use it during the week, it's at our house. And so I was mad and I told him I would buy new clothes for him so we could go out and work. And he was kind of like, well, whatever. And then he didn't get up and go. So I went into the room, our study room, and I started making calls cause I wanted to at least make this time useful. I made calls for maybe 30 minutes, just calling a bunch of people and he comes in, he's like, hey, let's go, let's go buy some clothes. I was like, all right, so I got up and we get out the door and it's already dark. He's wearing is p day clothes and we biked over to the local TESCO, which is basically just a Walmart. I guess he had talked to his dad or someone and he ended up just buying the clothes himself. On our way out he was like, Hey, I'm sorry. That was wrong of me to say that and I was still kind of mad, but basically I frankly forgave him. Maybe I should've been more patient, I don't know. Anyways. We invited for the rest of the night.
Tuesday we got up and I expected that our companionship meeting would not be very good after what happened the previous night. But it was actually fine, I think it helped a lot. I think he saw that I wasn't going to mess around with stuff like this. Tuesday we had an appointment with Bro Sun, our RC. We were going to go help him at his work, but he wasn't really there. We got there and he wasn't around and so we talked to his buddy who he's working for, it was really nice. That was fun and then we invited and did some studies before lunch with the district, had some time for district council meeting, had our individual personal study, visited a member and then English class and dinner.
Wednesday morning, we found out that we needed to get moving on bus tickets so we could get to Roi Et on time. First thing in the morning we went to get some tickets at the bus station for the weekend for stake conference in Roi Et. After that we went to Bro Sun's work and we helped him do some stuff at his work, lay some concrete. Then we met a Filipino guy named Samuel who is super cool. He met the assistants in Bangkok at the bus station when he was coming home and wants to know more about Joseph Smith. So we talked to him about that and gave him a Book of Mormon.He's super cool. He's part of this group that plays basketball at a park at night. So we might go do an inviting/finding activity at a basketball park Saturday night. We'll find all of his buddies. :) There is actually a member named Bro. Bank who's the elders quorum president that plays there pretty often as well. Fun Fun. After that we talked with Sis. Whale and taught her the law of tithing on her lunch break. Then we had lunch ourselves, studied and met with an RC who's doing real well. He's getting ready to go to the temple. We met with an LA named Doh. He's doing good. Around seven o'clock we went to Bro. Sun's House to meet with him and his mom again and they fed us some way good dinner. We were really full. We left and biked over to see a member named Bro. Gonha to talk with him and we asked him if he'd be able to help us teach in the morning and he said he would as long as we make appointments with people at the church. Hmm.
Thursday we went and Sis. T who works at the noodles place. I didn't really get a word in this last lesson, but Elder Milang was very straight forward about how she can't miss church and how she's not doing good things because she's missing church.... like really straightforward. Anyways, after that we taught Sis. Tepe,another investigator. She's doing good, but should needs to act on her faith more by coming to church. :) Then we had some time for inviting. Later we did some weekly planning and talked with a member while he was making a spaceship thing, It was interesting, I have videos. :) Then we were trying to find a young man but he wasn't home from school yet and so we were inviting in the neighborhood and found this super drunk guy that wants us to come back and teach him about Christianity because he wants to change and be Christian. He also wants to stop drinking. Finally we met with this kid and by then we didn't have time too much time to talk with him because we had to hurry back to the church for English class. But that was ok and English class was super fun. The sisters weren't there and they usually teach the kids class but because they weren't there that means that I, taught it by myself because my companion is a conthai and he can't teach it. So I taught them all by myself, which was super fun. On the way to English class, we were filling up the air in our tires and Elder Milang's tire exploded; the inside inner tube as well as the outside tube as well. It all blew up, so we were like 15 minutes late, which meant by the time we got to the classroom, it was nuts. Those kids were just going crazy, fun, fun.
Friday, we got up, we did some studies and invited. This was one of those days I felt like I just could not, no matter what we did, I could not fill up the amount of time we had in the day. Other days I feel like I just can't get everything done in one day, but today was one of those days where I feel like we just were running around trying to find something to do and there was just nothing we could do to use our time wisely. We had a lot of people fall through today as well. We invited at a technical school and didn't really find anyone from that. We were going to meet at noon with a member and her friends to help translate some stuff from English to Thai. That friend ended up not being free and so then we didn't do that. We biked a long way away to go visit this super nice member. We're going to go visit her again next week and do some service for her. We hurried back and talked to Olay who is an LA. He's doing pretty good, better than he was before. He wants to get a patriarchal blessing and come back to church, but he still quite hasn't made it there. We sent a Book of Mormon to a guy in a different province, did some inviting, inviting, inviting, inviting. We came to the church and had some dinner. We were going to work with some members at sports night and no one showed up. We were going to visit this family but then they called about 20 minutes before our appointment and said it's not convenient anymore. So we didn't end up going. More inviting.... we were walking around for a very long time.
Saturday was better. First thing in the morning we went to find this guy that we talked to earlier who was guarding his watermelons. We taught him about the plan of salvation and promised him that he could live with his family forever. He wants to learn more, we'll go back and see him soon. It was a really good lesson. I felt like we were together. The lesson was not too long. It was really good. The next guy we talked to sells som-on-cri. That's like herbs. Herbs. Yeah. So Elder Milang is a total herb nerd. I mean that in a good way. And so they just talk herbs for like an hour, took so long. We did get to share a little bit about the gospel and about why we're here and stuff. We some a lot of inviting and then met the sisters for lunch We did our studies and then left and got on the bus to Roi Et. When we got to Roi Et we jumped into our hotel, dropped our bags off, jumped into another three-wheeled vehicle and got over to the hotel where the actual stake conference meeting was at. It was a really good meeting. Our investigator Sister Whale went! She was willing to go, she wanted to go. She took off work Saturday and Sunday, both days, to travel with the ward up there. She spent 650 baht to spend the night in the hotel and be there for stake conferences. Really cool. She's fantastic. And that night at the hotel was really fun because there was three other sets of elders that we hung out with that night. Played risk.
The next morning we got up and of course there was a buffet breakfast at the hotel. I had a lot of food that morning and it was so good. Then we had stake conference for a couple hours and we talked to all the members. We had some lunch afterwards, said hi to everybody. It was fantastic and fun. Then we had a few hours so we did our studies and invited. We talked to some people at the park. It's the only time I've invited at a park in a suit; it was really fun. Then we went over to the church where we would have zone conference and had some dinner, some masenman, it was really good. At zone conference we talked about the Savior and why he's important. Part two of zone conference will come in the next one because that is the next week. But it was a good day.
As far as a spiritual thought. I'm going to share a scripture about our Savior, 1 Nephi 19:9. "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." Fantastic verse of scripture that talks about how much the Savior loves us and it's something I get to talk about every day and I know that it's true. He loves us a lot. He's the head of this work. He's the most important part of this work, we can't do anything without him.
Over and out,
Elder Ellsworth
All right. This is the week of May 13th, to May 19th. For p day today we went and rode some elephants finally. Yay! It's the first time I've been able to finally ride an elephant bareback and it was super fun. But it very stressful because the members that wanted to go with us kind of took over the trip and we didn't really get a say in what was going on like we wanted to and that was kind of annoying because the members don't have a time constraint, like we do. We have to get home at a certain time and so fighting to get home on time is always super annoying. Anyways, after our fun excursion, we get back at about five and this is kind of where stuff starts to happen. We got back and I started getting ready to go to work. I was already dressed in missionary clothes. My companion, he takes his stuff and he throws it all in the laundry and I didn't really realize what was going on until it was too late and realized he had thrown all his clothes in the laundry. And I was like, Hey, what are you doing? We got to go out and work. And he was like, well, I didn't have time to time to wash my clothes today. So we can choose our choices, but we can't choose the consequences. And no we have to sit and wait for my clothes to wash. I was just beside myself. I was really mad because he knew what we were doing. And we have a, uh, what's it called? We have a clothes, a laundry thingy, a washing machine at our house that he can use anytime he wants. It doesn't have to be on the p day. Ok, not anytime we want, but we have time to use it during the week, it's at our house. And so I was mad and I told him I would buy new clothes for him so we could go out and work. And he was kind of like, well, whatever. And then he didn't get up and go. So I went into the room, our study room, and I started making calls cause I wanted to at least make this time useful. I made calls for maybe 30 minutes, just calling a bunch of people and he comes in, he's like, hey, let's go, let's go buy some clothes. I was like, all right, so I got up and we get out the door and it's already dark. He's wearing is p day clothes and we biked over to the local TESCO, which is basically just a Walmart. I guess he had talked to his dad or someone and he ended up just buying the clothes himself. On our way out he was like, Hey, I'm sorry. That was wrong of me to say that and I was still kind of mad, but basically I frankly forgave him. Maybe I should've been more patient, I don't know. Anyways. We invited for the rest of the night.
Tuesday we got up and I expected that our companionship meeting would not be very good after what happened the previous night. But it was actually fine, I think it helped a lot. I think he saw that I wasn't going to mess around with stuff like this. Tuesday we had an appointment with Bro Sun, our RC. We were going to go help him at his work, but he wasn't really there. We got there and he wasn't around and so we talked to his buddy who he's working for, it was really nice. That was fun and then we invited and did some studies before lunch with the district, had some time for district council meeting, had our individual personal study, visited a member and then English class and dinner.
Wednesday morning, we found out that we needed to get moving on bus tickets so we could get to Roi Et on time. First thing in the morning we went to get some tickets at the bus station for the weekend for stake conference in Roi Et. After that we went to Bro Sun's work and we helped him do some stuff at his work, lay some concrete. Then we met a Filipino guy named Samuel who is super cool. He met the assistants in Bangkok at the bus station when he was coming home and wants to know more about Joseph Smith. So we talked to him about that and gave him a Book of Mormon.He's super cool. He's part of this group that plays basketball at a park at night. So we might go do an inviting/finding activity at a basketball park Saturday night. We'll find all of his buddies. :) There is actually a member named Bro. Bank who's the elders quorum president that plays there pretty often as well. Fun Fun. After that we talked with Sis. Whale and taught her the law of tithing on her lunch break. Then we had lunch ourselves, studied and met with an RC who's doing real well. He's getting ready to go to the temple. We met with an LA named Doh. He's doing good. Around seven o'clock we went to Bro. Sun's House to meet with him and his mom again and they fed us some way good dinner. We were really full. We left and biked over to see a member named Bro. Gonha to talk with him and we asked him if he'd be able to help us teach in the morning and he said he would as long as we make appointments with people at the church. Hmm.
Thursday we went and Sis. T who works at the noodles place. I didn't really get a word in this last lesson, but Elder Milang was very straight forward about how she can't miss church and how she's not doing good things because she's missing church.... like really straightforward. Anyways, after that we taught Sis. Tepe,another investigator. She's doing good, but should needs to act on her faith more by coming to church. :) Then we had some time for inviting. Later we did some weekly planning and talked with a member while he was making a spaceship thing, It was interesting, I have videos. :) Then we were trying to find a young man but he wasn't home from school yet and so we were inviting in the neighborhood and found this super drunk guy that wants us to come back and teach him about Christianity because he wants to change and be Christian. He also wants to stop drinking. Finally we met with this kid and by then we didn't have time too much time to talk with him because we had to hurry back to the church for English class. But that was ok and English class was super fun. The sisters weren't there and they usually teach the kids class but because they weren't there that means that I, taught it by myself because my companion is a conthai and he can't teach it. So I taught them all by myself, which was super fun. On the way to English class, we were filling up the air in our tires and Elder Milang's tire exploded; the inside inner tube as well as the outside tube as well. It all blew up, so we were like 15 minutes late, which meant by the time we got to the classroom, it was nuts. Those kids were just going crazy, fun, fun.
Friday, we got up, we did some studies and invited. This was one of those days I felt like I just could not, no matter what we did, I could not fill up the amount of time we had in the day. Other days I feel like I just can't get everything done in one day, but today was one of those days where I feel like we just were running around trying to find something to do and there was just nothing we could do to use our time wisely. We had a lot of people fall through today as well. We invited at a technical school and didn't really find anyone from that. We were going to meet at noon with a member and her friends to help translate some stuff from English to Thai. That friend ended up not being free and so then we didn't do that. We biked a long way away to go visit this super nice member. We're going to go visit her again next week and do some service for her. We hurried back and talked to Olay who is an LA. He's doing pretty good, better than he was before. He wants to get a patriarchal blessing and come back to church, but he still quite hasn't made it there. We sent a Book of Mormon to a guy in a different province, did some inviting, inviting, inviting, inviting. We came to the church and had some dinner. We were going to work with some members at sports night and no one showed up. We were going to visit this family but then they called about 20 minutes before our appointment and said it's not convenient anymore. So we didn't end up going. More inviting.... we were walking around for a very long time.
Saturday was better. First thing in the morning we went to find this guy that we talked to earlier who was guarding his watermelons. We taught him about the plan of salvation and promised him that he could live with his family forever. He wants to learn more, we'll go back and see him soon. It was a really good lesson. I felt like we were together. The lesson was not too long. It was really good. The next guy we talked to sells som-on-cri. That's like herbs. Herbs. Yeah. So Elder Milang is a total herb nerd. I mean that in a good way. And so they just talk herbs for like an hour, took so long. We did get to share a little bit about the gospel and about why we're here and stuff. We some a lot of inviting and then met the sisters for lunch We did our studies and then left and got on the bus to Roi Et. When we got to Roi Et we jumped into our hotel, dropped our bags off, jumped into another three-wheeled vehicle and got over to the hotel where the actual stake conference meeting was at. It was a really good meeting. Our investigator Sister Whale went! She was willing to go, she wanted to go. She took off work Saturday and Sunday, both days, to travel with the ward up there. She spent 650 baht to spend the night in the hotel and be there for stake conferences. Really cool. She's fantastic. And that night at the hotel was really fun because there was three other sets of elders that we hung out with that night. Played risk.
The next morning we got up and of course there was a buffet breakfast at the hotel. I had a lot of food that morning and it was so good. Then we had stake conference for a couple hours and we talked to all the members. We had some lunch afterwards, said hi to everybody. It was fantastic and fun. Then we had a few hours so we did our studies and invited. We talked to some people at the park. It's the only time I've invited at a park in a suit; it was really fun. Then we went over to the church where we would have zone conference and had some dinner, some masenman, it was really good. At zone conference we talked about the Savior and why he's important. Part two of zone conference will come in the next one because that is the next week. But it was a good day.
As far as a spiritual thought. I'm going to share a scripture about our Savior, 1 Nephi 19:9. "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." Fantastic verse of scripture that talks about how much the Savior loves us and it's something I get to talk about every day and I know that it's true. He loves us a lot. He's the head of this work. He's the most important part of this work, we can't do anything without him.
Over and out,
Elder Ellsworth
Comments
Post a Comment