Hello everybody!!
This week was the greatest of weeks in the promised and golden land of Bangnaa!! People here are prepared! I love baptism! And I love this ward!
This Monday was a fun one. We woke up to not much planned for the day, and then one of my favorite members in this ward called, and said elders I need your help, come and sell food with me. And so we went! She is so awesome, and I was sad since I thought that I would not see them again since transfers is Thursday, and I've been in the area for a while. But fast forward to the end of the week, and I'm still here!! yay! After that, we had a couple appts with other members, and tried to receive referrals from them that are neighbors and other family members, but they arent super interested. Yet. So we will work something out.
Tuesday was pretty fun. We had studies in the morning, and then I paid for the districts ice cream at district meeting. Last week, I told everyone I would pay for their ice cream if they told President in their weekly email to him that I should stay here as district leader trainer. And 5 of the 10 took me up on it. So I used alot of money, but hey, it paid off because I'm still here! Hooray. Then we had English class, and a couple other teaching appointments. One of them I was really excited for, because one of these guys, สมชาย he says he will start reading the BoM and hes starting to be more interested.
Wednesday, we had our pday. It was pretty laid back. Not too much happened. We spent some time in the morning relaxing and cleaning a bit, and then we headed over to a mall for lots of food!!! 6 elders versus a buffet, and we wrecked that place lol. After that we went with the samut prakan elders to check out their cool new apartment. Then we had a couple of way good teaching appts. I love our investigators here. :)
Thursday, we headed to the office in the early morning.. dark dark hours of the morning, and met up with some good friends of mine in the mission. I have had a new companions every transfer of my mission so far, and one of the biggest blessings is I know the mission really well now :) I swear Ive had a mutual companion with about everyone in the mission. Then we headed back to the area with my new comp who is a brand new missionary. Elder Sarabia from the Philippines. Hes a way nice dude. We taught a guy named จอย and he is way awesome, and then had dinner, and after that we invited a dude to scripture class, but he never came. Dang. He really needs to be reading in the BoM.
Friday was pretty cool. We studied in the morning, then headed into Asoke for a meeting with Elder Callister (who wrote The Infinite Atonement). It was pretty cool. He just taught us how to teach better, and it was straight fire. He has the reputation of one of the best teachers of the general authorities, and I think that is true. He is way good. After that, we headed back to the area, finished studies, and ate dinner, and then we met with ปลื้ม who is such a fire RC!!! Also we talked with her dad for a long time as well. I really want him to be baptized.. but he just hasnt yet opened his heart to changing.
Saturday was a busy day, and it turned into a lot of missed appts in the evening, and walking on dark streets, and chasing off dogs. Problem is no one wants to talk to us in the dark... :/ too bad. Anyways, so this morning we studied for a bit, walked over to ดำรงค์s house and made sure he would go to church tomorrow, and then we walked over to a members food place, only to find that its closed on Saturdays... dang. So we ate,, met an RC, and that was the last appointment that actually happened this day... so sad. We had language study, stopped by สมชาย's place, and he said he is reading and interested for real, but doesn't have time to talk, too busy with work, so we left to the next spot. Had dinner, and then all other appointments were missed. And we walked about in the dark fora bit, ans chased excited dogs off. Good times.
Sunday was fun. Everyone was charmed by my companions language and culture at church as he greetwd everyone with a handshake and pressed their hand to his forehead and said hello to everyone. Super awesome. Anyways, we never left the church today.. :/ we had sacrament meeting, lunch, practice teaching the restoration with a member, then we had ward council, and then after that we had correlation meeting with the ward mission leader. Then we had an appointment with ประดิษฐ์ that's super awesome guy that will probably be baptized here in a month or so. At least I sure hope so he has a situation with work that we need to fix so they can come to church, but he says he wants to come to church as often as he can. He is way funny because when we read the BoM together he says he doesnt read well and so never wants to takr a turn, but he will correct the words we say wrong, and follow along as he reads under his breath 55. Anyways, it was the close of a good week.
This week my spiritual thought is on humility. In the next bit, here Lehi really lays into Laman and Lemuel.
24 Rebel no more against your brother, whose views have been glorious, and who hath kept the commandments from the time that we left Jerusalem; and who hath been an instrument in the hands of God, in bringing us forth into the land of promise; for were it not for him, we must have perished with hunger in the wilderness; nevertheless, ye sought to take away his life; yea, and he hath suffered much sorrow because of you.
25 And I exceedingly fear and tremble because of you, lest he shall suffer again; for behold, ye have accused him that he sought power and authority over you; but I know that he hath not sought for power nor authority over you, but he hath sought the glory of God, and your own eternal welfare.
26 And ye have murmured because he hath been plain unto you. Ye say that he hath used sharpness; ye say that he hath been angry with you; but behold, his sharpness was the sharpness of the power of the word of God, which was in him; and that which ye call anger was the truth, according to that which is in God, which he could not restrain, manifesting boldly concerning your iniquities.
27 And it must needs be that the power of God must be with him, even unto his commanding you that ye must obey. But behold, it was not he, but it was the Spirit of the Lord which was in him, which opened his mouth to utterance that he could not shut it.
28 And now my son, Laman, and also Lemuel and Sam, and also my sons who are the sons of Ishmael, behold, if ye will hearken unto the voice of Nephi ye shall not perish. And if ye will hearken unto him I leave unto you a blessing, yea, even my first blessing.
In moments like this when we are really chastised, we have a choice to be humble and accept the correction, or we can be angry and defensive. And what we choose can have big consequences for us and our relationship with the person getting after us. I have thought how the Savior would react. He probably wouldnt get angry. He would love the person.
I hope you all have a great week! I know the Savior lives!!
Elder L
--
Elder Ellsworth - เอ็ลเดอร์ เอ็ลสเวิร์ธ
for perfect love casteth out all fear
เพราะความรักที่บริบูรณ์ย่อมขับความกลัวออกไปสิ้น
Thailand Bangkok Mission
My new comp
Deconstruction has started!
The view from the samut prakan elders house
All the money i used to bribe my district





Comments
Post a Comment