Skip to main content

zone conf, goodbyes, switch-offs, dedicating houses, the likes, busy week, blah blah blah, you've all heard it before


This week was fire. Yay. I like fire.

To start off, Monday we had to say goodbye to Elder Sukyong. He is a great elder, and a magnificent teacher, and he really helped us out in Bangnaa, but it was time for him to go home. So its back to me and my son this week, เหมือนเดิม anyways, for pday we went to นครนายก a cool province, and had some fun times sightseeing. Pretty cool stuff.

Tuesday, we had zone conference which was really fun. We were really inspired to make some good goals, work with members better, and really work hard to get the Thailand temple here!!!!!! So good. Then we had interviews, and I love President Hammond. His enthusiasm is really contagious. Then we had dinner, and English class. เย้ fun times.

Wednesday, we went back to work after what felt like too many days of play with general conference, and pday and zone conference. It was also this day that we really came to the knowledge that we are once again just a duo, not a trio. Whole new dynamic. Its good though. Back to normal. On this day, we helped บัว sell food, met with another investigator, and her friend, and then taught ภา who is so excited to get her family history work done!!!!!!!!! yes!!! then dinner, and a couple solid appts. I love this ward.

Thursday, we had switchoffs, and so I jumped into the zone leaders area, and had a fun day with Elder Smart. He is way cool. He and I get along real well. we started the morning with some finding, talked with a way cool investie, and then we ate lunch at the shop of a member, who is just the coolest guy and way active. then studies, and some more inviting. We found a way cool family!! Yay. After that, we brought pizza over to an investigators house, and the Dad loves us. haha. We had a way fun day, and got to play a game that won over the kids too. It was just great.

Friday was a little laid back... we had studies, and then weekly planning, which was then half the day, and after that some finding, dinner and sports night. Then the day was over. Way fast. ปลื้ม an RC who was baptized last month is doing so well. She really wants to go to the temple,. and that makes me so happy. It is so cool here working here, and helping other people really find true joy.

Saturday, we had a good day. Lots of finding, and lots of hot weather, and not much success. Kind of frustrating, but good times, and bad times, they all end. But in the end, its all ok. We got our studies in, helped clean the church, and then we taught a couple of peeps, got stuck in rain, dang it Thailand and the rain, but its ok because then we get to talk to other people stuck as well, so blessing in disguise right there!! yay. Then we came home, and got ready for church.

Sunday, was a happy day. We studied, went finding, and went to church. After church, we had lunch, helped some members set up for a party Tuesday, and then we helped our Cambodian family move their fridge to the new house they moved to Saturday. It made me happy, the old house was really small, and super cheap, the new place is the same price, and a better bigger room. So that's good. The fridge is midsized, and we probably carried it 500-600 meters though an alley to a new street. Fun stuff. Closed out the night with two new daters. They are both soooooo humble, and willing to learn and listen, even if Buddhist traditions are stuck deep within them. We just need to let the spirit work within them. Its great here, I love it, and I will stay here for the rest of my mission! yay. After that, I will start another 2 yeah mission, because Im not going home. I just keep starting new missions.

My spiritual thought is Alma 5:26

26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye haveexperienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the songof redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?

Do we feel so now...?? The spirit is what converts us, and what keeps us converted. It is so important that we live worthy of the spirit, so we can receive direction for him, and that we teach with Him, because now matter how good I am at arguing or how good I can speak this language, I know that in the end, it's Him who does the real work. I just need to let Him in. Let Him! Let the joy and hope begin. Bonus points to anyone that knows that song. I love my Savior, and I can say that I have come to truly know Him in Bangkok Thailand!! He is in the details of this work, and our lives!!! :)

Love you all,

Elder L

--
Elder Ellsworth - เอ็ลเดอร์ เอ็ลสเวิร์ธ
for perfect love casteth out all fear
เพราะความรักที่บริบูรณ์ย่อมขับความกลัวออกไปสิ้น
Thailand Bangkok Mission



couple of pics doing model? shots. well, it was fun I guess...
lots of rain
the trio, and Brother พงษ์ (Pong) such a sick member. Love this guy
happy baptism days!!!
a story I made for English class
the legendary Asian squat that missionaries all try to master. Here I'm cutting up bananas for the member to fry for her little ร้าน fun stuff. I've held that position for about 30 minutes before. It was a long time
a dead cat I had to pick up and put in the trash, 
and DIY at its finest. The video is Brother บุญจันทร์ super faithful/active/ hard working member in this ward. been a member for 40+ years. When the church first was getting started here. SO awesome. basically the Clay Dickman of the ward










Comments