Skip to main content

tales of a poor missionary. The one too lazy to write


Hello everybody!!

I apologize for not writing last week, being in a trio can be exhasuting, and since last week was our last week as a trio, I may have taken too much of a break on pday hahaha, by not writing.... sorry about that, so here is a highlight email from the week I did not write, current week to come.

Monday was pretty fun. In the morning, we played soccer with the elders in the district, and it was pretty fun. We played half court (half field) turning it into a basketball movement kind of soccer. It was really fun. Then we went to a cool natural island in the middle of Bangkok, and biked around a park, and did some site seeing. Closing out the night at the bishops house, and because of a colossal rainstorm, got home a little late. Like by an hour. oops...

Tuesday, we had a normal district meeting Tuesday, studies in the morning, and then district meeting, and after that, a couple of appointments, one of the investies we actually had to drop... :( sad day. Then English class. Yay!

Wednesday, we had switchoffs, so I pulled Elder Bird into my area, and sent Elder Sukyong, and Halversen to the other area to work. It was a fun day. We did some studies, and then spent like 2.5 hours at a members house trying to teach this refferal, but we get the feeling, hes not all that interested. Dang. After that, we went to a mall to do some language study, and get ice cream. On the way out, we met Joseph, son of the Universe, who is 1. But that's a whole nother story. After an hour long discussion there, he said just about the greatest, most heartfelt prayer I've ever heard, and then we hurried off to the hospital to give a blessing to a member's friend who has lung cancer. He doesnt look to good. :( After that, we taught an investie that fast forward was baptized this very weekend, and then had our weekly call with the burmese elders to call our Burmese dude. It was fun. I dont understand a word that goes on.

Thursday, we had some time to do some studies, and then we weekly planning, and a couple of missed appts, and others made. Met this cambodian family that is great. Hopefully we can help them be active again...

Friday, we had a way busy day. Helped one of my favorite members here (บัว) sell some food. I just scoop rice and she sells, and its pretty fun. After that, had a fun appt with a crazy investie, สมชาย who is also pretty stubborn. Then we rushed over to a members house to meet her and her nonmember daughter. It was good except that the mom went over uninvited, and also brought us along, and the daughter wasnt very happy, because shes not super interested. so yeah... then we rushed to the church for ภา's interview which was awesome! She passed! Yay. Then a lesson with ปลื้ม a super sweet RC and a fun sports night.

Saturday, we watched the morning session of conference, and then we had lunch, and met with another member, just in time for a huge storm to hit. Love the rain here this time of year. So fun. This member เล็ก has a bunch of her own problems, and we just love her to death, and try to get her back on track with church. Sometimes its tough though. Shes in a way tough situation. Then a couple of great appts. A family from Roi Et that I just love (the little boy that was baptized a week prior) and some cool cambodian dudes that are construction workers.

Sunday, we watched conference, had ภา's baptism, and then we had one appt in the evening with a super humble guy named จอย (Joy), and he sells little Buddha statues haha. That was the day. It was pretty full though. Oh yeah, we also had correlation too.... long day at the church.

For the spiritual thought, I will roast myself. พอดี I will also train on it this week for district meeting. Alma 34:34

34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that Iwill repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this;for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the timethat ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power topossess your body in that eternal world.

I love how this verse just takes away all our excuses about wasting our time here in mortality. We cannot ever tell God we never had a chance. Because it is there, and it is our choice. MY topic of training this week is using time wisely, especially as missionaries. So we need to make sure that we use the time that we have wisely, and sometimes that means planning in time to write a weekly email, and then not being to lazy to do it....

I love you all, and I know the Savior lives, and loves us, and wants us to repent!!

Elder L
--
Elder Ellsworth - เอ็ลเดอร์ เอ็ลสเวิร์ธ
for perfect love casteth out all fear
เพราะความรักที่บริบูรณ์ย่อมขับความกลัวออกไปสิ้น
Thailand Bangkok Mission

Comments