Hello everybody!
Monday was really fun! We spent the whole day playing some soccer and relaxing in the apartment. I was exhausted so it was s good day to take a break for a bit. That night we met with a crazy semi LAish last who's husband is crazy and MIA. So that was interesting.
Tuesday, we had s normal Tuesday. Studies in the morning, district meeting, and worked in the afternoon. I'm back at training district meetings again. This week we talked about being consecrated missionaries and how the power really comes in our work when we give the Lord EVERYTHING we have to give. It's way good. After that, we had a couple cancelled appts that just got moved to Wednesday. So that was good. Then we had s fun English class where we talked about food! Hooray.
Wednesday, just a full day of work. Way fun. Did all our studies in the morning, had lunch with an investigator where I scared a poor lady who thought I couldn't speak Thai, but I mean she kind of deserved it. After that, we taught an older dude and his friend about the restoration. They are cool, after that, we met a cool guy named ยอด (Yod) and he had lived in Canada for 10 years. He has a noodle shop. It's way good. Then we taught a couple of new daters who are great, had some dinner, and then we headed home.
Thursday, we were at the immigration office at 5.45am to renew my comps visa. Then we had a district leader meeting, and all of this was all the way across Bangkok. So that was fun. After some complications at the office, I left my comp, and grabbed a mission buddy of mine who was at the meeting and we went and worked in my area for the night because we had some important appts to make. It was a fun day and in the end everyone got home just fine.
Friday, we as we saw some miracles!! There's a member I have visited every week for the last 3 months, helped her sell food, all that stuff and finally today one of her friends said she would learn if it actually helped her stop drinking!!! I've been inviting her in for like 3 months and today was the day. Hooray! She also said if she is baptized she wants to marry me, which is a no can do, but we don't think she quite understands that... Then we had some other appts, some missed some made and after that, sports night! Fun ๆ
Saturday, we were in the apartment for a while because we did weekly planning, then studies. So that was a lot of the day. Then we ran around town and honestly had a lot of cancels. After that, we called lots of people for church, and then talked with an RC who is struggling a bit.
Sunday, we had s great day! It was way fun. Studies, church, a baptism that my companion did (it took him 5 tries because the girl was really biggggg) then we tried to find some other investigators, talked with lots of families and enjoyed a cool Sunday evening. No new investigators though. :/ another missed video call appt, because they were playing at the beach, and then we headed home. Good week. I love Thailand, I love Bangnaa, and I love being a missionary even if it's hard some days!!!! :)
This week for district meeting we are talking about intention and love. Not like lovey dovey. I mean real love. Charity.
My dear friends and fellow priesthood holders, if Jesus Christ were to sit down with us and ask for an accounting of our stewardship, I am not sure He would focus much on programs and statistics. What the Savior would want to know is the condition of our heart. He would want to know how we love and minister to those in our care, how we show our love to our spouse and family, and how we lighten their daily load. And the Savior would want to know how you and I grow closer to Him and to our Heavenly Father.
This is from Elder Uchtdorf, On Being Genuine
And Paul adds
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
I know as we have charity we can truly harness the powers of heaven. And with Christ as our leader we cannot fail!!!
Have a great week!
Elder L







Comments
Post a Comment