Hello everybody!
What another great week.
Monday was fun. We went to a super big small called MBK. It's like a mini Ninevah. Great and spacious everyone just wants your money. But if you know where to go and get, it can be fun stuff.
Tuesday, normal stuff. Visited an LA an investigator by morning, and then we had district meeting, followed by some inviting and then finished studies and pretty soon it was time for English class again. Today was pretty fun. We talked about different areas of the world and my companion and I talked about Alaska. So we turned the AC all the way up and wore jackets and stuff. Funๆ
Wednesday, we had a lot of inviting. We took care of all our studies in the morning and had lunch and then had the rest of the day ahead of us. And we had an appt that started and finished before we expected it to start, and then the next one fell through so boom! We had like 3 hours of open time that we spent just walking around and talking to people. Which was pretty fun anyway, we talked to some guys that make some cool racing cars. Then we had another appt fell though, and so we visited a nice member instead and then had back to back 1.5 hour lessons that were straight fire. Baptism is in the air!
Thursday was super busy. We had planned to do weekly planning, but we had an appt fall through and reschedule for later in the day and then spent the day running around and meeting people, and ran out of time. For the rest of the week to do it. Found a cool new investigator though.
Friday, also busy. First thing we visited an LA guy who went off on crazy stories about ghosts and the spirit world. Lots of his stuff was pretty correct too, so that was interesting. After some planning, we set out to find an investie, but nothing. Grabbed some lunch, and studies in McDonald's. Then a busy afternoon. Met with a nice girl who says she's not less active, but always says she doesn't have time for church. Then a crazy RC who says he hears voices all the time but when the elders come over they stop... interesting. Then a cool investigator, and studies, and a couple of priesthood blessings. I am grateful to be worthy to hold that power.
Saturday, we had some sweet PI appointments. We found a family! From a BoM request online. But then we gave them to the sisters because the person that's most interested is a 21 year old girl. So yeah. Then we met with the mom of an RC who is in North Carolina and the mom is preparing to go and visit her. We taught her about prayer and stuff. It was pretty cool. Then a crazy afternoon where we ran around talking with different investigators and that was fun. Some studies, not enough time in the day, and then we had some good times for inviting as well.
Sunday, great day. Busy day. We studied, had church, helped an old member out and then had correlation meeting. Good times. Then we tried to meet with a member and some referrals but they didn't show up. And so that was ok, I guess. We got to help that member out. Then helped the sisters find an LA as well. And that was the week! Good times.
Spiritual thought comes from my studies. I finished the BoM again! And I always see something different when I read it. This time I saw things really differently as a missionary. But I still love these verses.
32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
We teach people how to receive salvation and be perfect!! That's the best gift. And I know that because I am a flawed individual but I have changed through the process of repentance to be a lot better than I was. It just takes effort and I know it's possible because Jesus Christ loves us so much!!
Have a great week
Elder L
Mission tour, the beach, tracting in the rain






Comments
Post a Comment