Skip to main content

waterfall floods, documentaries, and hard work


Hello everybody!

This week was pretty darn good.

Monday was pretty cool. We got up early with the ward and headed out to the waterfall we'd planned for about a month now and it was so much fun! Pictures to come. We got back late though. Oops..

Tuesday, pretty normal Tuesday. We studied in the morning, got some lunch and then had district meeting. Our district here is so sick! Im way excited to work with them all. Then we taught some people, and it was fun. These two guys we teach are way cool, but I feel like they aren't really interested. Just down to talk and ask questions. We keep working with them though... after that, we visited an RC and then found a new investigator as well! So that was cool. Then English class. เหมือนเดิม...

Wednesday, we had s fun opportunity to be missionaries. We studied in the morning, visited with an LA member, and talked about some investigators we are trying to meet with. So that's good. Didn't really get to meet the investigators though. Sad day. After that, we had lunch and came home and stuff and talked with an RC who's husband is a little crazy and then we had an institute activity and then an appointment with such a cool member. Good day.

Thursday was wrecked. We had to go to a different part of Bangkok for work permit paperwork. So that took like all morning. But after that, we had appointments. Which ended up cancelling. All of them. I was pretty upset actually. I mean even the elders quorum president cancelled a meeting we confirmed that Sunday. Dang.

Friday was pretty good. Talked with an investigator and then we helped a member by eating her food and cleaning up her restaurant. Also helped by telling people her food was good haha. After that we had s good lesson with the two dudes again and after that we headed home and and had dinner and appointments and sports night and then there's a cool member that wants to take a documentary of us and send it to his professor at college to see what it's like. Fun stuff.

Saturday we spent the morning inviting with the member who took a documentary of us. It was interesting. But fun I guess. But we didn't find anyone new... :/ I think people may have been scared off by the camera. Dang. After that we grabbed some lunch and tried to teach some investigators but they weren't at the place we went. Dang. So we came home and studied and then had dinner and helped clean the church and then a couple Saturday night appointments. Good times.

Sunday, pretty good day. Studies, church, correlation, and an appointment with a member. It was way fun. She's cool. Then dinner and then I burned some stuff that was old. Also, a shirt for my year mark last month. So that was fun.

This week I found a verse in the Book of Mormon that I had no idea was in there.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the fields, saith the Lord of Hosts.

I have never found this verse before. But I have such a big testimony of tithing! I saw some way awesome miracles in saving money and paying my tithing. Between enough money to get me out here and the five part time jobs I had in my senior year I know that God can work with what we give Him! I know Christ lives and will work with us no matter what we lack!

Elder L

--
Elder Ellsworth - เอ็ลเดอร์ เอ็ลสเวิร์ธ
for perfect love casteth out all fear
เพราะความรักที่บริบูรณ์ย่อมขับความกลัวออกไปสิ้น
Thailand Bangkok Mission









Comments