Skip to main content

I'm a dad, slick zoos, and prayer


Hello everybody!

This week was a crazy one! Per the norm I guess...

Monday was a spent day and so we had studies in the morning, and visited a straight right family in the day for lunch together. The two of them are some of the original members in Thailand. 40+ years ago. So sick. Then we visited an investie, tried to find another one, and an RC but didn't find either, and then we had a dinner which was way fun with some RCs and members. Good times

Tuesday, we helped a member who is leaving on a mission Wednesday (she will serve in Thailand) we got her and her bags in a truck loaded up and ready to go. Fun little service opportunity I guess. After that, district meeting, studies, a ผิดนัด and then English class!!! Then transfer calls!!! It was so crazy. I got called as a trainer and also President had me step down not a district leader anymore. So that's sweet.

Wednesday was way fun. We spent the day at safari world. (Look it up on Google maps) and it was sooooo cool. I really enjoyed it. Basically a way sick zoo with shows and stuff. Pictures to come. We closed out the day meeting with some RCs.

Thursday, was the big day! I'm a father! I hung out st the office for a bit and then the greenies all came up and we got sorted out and all that stuff. Craziness. Pretty soon we were headed back to Bangnaa. We got a phone and weekly planned and got everything ready to go and all that. Good times. We taught a part member family and the 8 year old daughter will be baptized soon for sure! So cute. Then we had a scripture class and another lesson with an RC. Good times.

Friday, first full day. Everything is a little bit slower because I have to explain everything and help my son understand what's going on but it's all ok. It's different being with someone that doesn't really know what's going on or what missionary life is like. But it's good. His first experience is with me. Fliiiip 555 Then we met a member, found some new investigators and all that good stuff. Then studies food and a couple appointments and sports night. Good times.

Saturday was good too. We met with an investigator whom we are trying to figure out a way to go to church and she is so awesome. If she came to church she would be baptized already for sure. Then we met with a member who is now debt free! So that's way awesome! After that we ran out of time for other things because we also met with her husband who has some fantastic goals go bring people to church and stuff. After that some studies. Food, appointments, some made, some missed. Life of a missionary.

Sunday was church. My comp got swarmed by members haha. It was fun. After church we met with a couple of families and headed home. Not too crazy of a day. Nothing too significant. Have a cute 8yo dater though.

Spiritual thought for the week comes from a lesson with an LA. We talked about doing the little things. Something I've really noticed make a big difference in my day.

36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I can see very clearly what happens when i don't pray great in the morning. Or lazy about studying scriptures. Or have a bad attitude. It all adds up. 100% I have found the stupor of though the scriptures talk about it is so real. Especially when I try and speak Thai. It is clear to see that I speak better on days that I have a good attitude and have effective morning and nightly prayers. And by effective I mean real. President Hinckely told us we are to pray just as a man speaks with another. That's what a good prayer is about. I know Christ lives today and loves us. We have good news to share. It makes me so happy. Being in Thailand is suuuuch a privilege and I don't want it to end. What a blessing.

Have a great week!!!

Elder L

Comments