Hello everybody!
This week was another great one!
Monday, we emailed in the morning, and then we went to a crocodile farm in the southern part of Bangkok, and it was way fun! I mean, its only so often that you get to feed crocodiles raw chicken, and hold a tiger right??
Tuesday was pretty busy. I actually don't remember all that went on, but it was a crazy day getting stuff ready for transfers, and all that stuff I'm sure.... Oh yeah, we studied in the morning, and then had district meeting, and then we visited a PI in the afternoon who sells little sweet things that are just so good. Gotta love the 1 baht scones. Then we had dinner, and English, and after that, we picked up the greenies from the airport!! So we ended up speeding over there, and back, and it was way fun flying down the road in the mission van. Anyways, they got in a little late, and so we got to bed at 3.30, and up at 6.30 that morning.
Wednesday was a long day. I didn't feel the tiredness until the end though just because we were so busy. We spent the morning taking the greenies around to get blood taken for work permits, and then the pictures as well. That took the morning, and then we had some lunch, and that was way fun. Then the APs and president finally got transfers figured out. I am headed to Bangnaa, as a district leader! So I have had 4 areas in Bangkok! So much fun. Anyways, then we invited some with the new missionaries, and after that, i switched off with a friend of mine, Elder Oaks so we could pick up President's car while Elder Thornock worked out dinner. Then we came back, and had a Mexican dinner, and went to bed! Finally.
Thursday was the big day! I finally retired from the office! I got up early in the morning, and got to the office, and took care of some things, and then Elder Ratelle and I headed out, and got into Bangnaa. We visited an investigator in the morning, and then planned and studied for the rest of the morning, and part of the afternoon. After that, we had some time for other appointments, and then a scriptures class. Way fun.
Friday, we visited an investigator first thing, and then we studied, and had lunch as a crazy members house. It was interesting. She speaks soooo fast. After that, we finished studies, and then had a couple of appointments, and then sports night at the church! It was sooo fun.
Saturday, we spent the morning visiting an investigator and studying. Then we ran into Asoke to meet the new mission president with all the missionaries in Bangkok. It was so much fun to see old companions and district members and things. And President Hammond is soooooo cool! He is amazing. I am way excited to work with him.
Sunday was pretty good. In the morning, we studied and then picked up this way old คุณยาย for church, and then we had sacrament meeting. I ended up playing piano because the normal person didn't show up. And I only made mistakes in about every verse haha. I'm a bit out of practice... After that, we had our normal meetings, lunch, and then correlation meeting. Then we studied, and had dinner with the district and a couple of member, which was fun, and tried unsuccessfully to find an investigator. So we taught no one that day... Dang. We finished the night with a quick run to Asoke because I forgot to give Elder Thornock the office keys when I left... oops
My spiritual thought comes from studies, and the training I will give in our district meeting tomorrow. It's on the basics! From Elder Uchtdorf, of things that matter most.
The Power of Basics
The story is told that the legendary football coach Vince Lombardi had a ritual he performed on the first day of training. He would hold up a football, show it to the athletes who had been playing the sport for many years, and say, “Gentlemen, … this is a football!” He talked about its size and shape, how it can be kicked, carried, or passed. He took the team out onto the empty field and said, “This is a football field.” He walked them around, describing the dimensions, the shape, the rules, and how the game is played.4
This coach knew that even these experienced players, and indeed the team, could become great only by mastering the fundamentals. They could spend their time practicing intricate trick plays, but until they mastered the fundamentals of the game, they would never become a championship team.
I think most of us intuitively understand how important the fundamentals are. It is just that we sometimes get distracted by so many things that seem more enticing.
As missionaries, if we will be focused on the basics, prayer, scripture study, and our purpose, we will be successful!!! I know this to be true, as I have seen the powerful effects of mighty prayer. Alma 17:2-3 Read it. It's a fire scripture.
I know Christ lives. And that He loves us! This is His work!
Have a great week!
Elder L
--
Elder Ellsworth - เอ็ลเดอร์ เอ็ลสเวิร์ธ
for perfect love casteth out all fear
เพราะความรักที่บริบูรณ์ย่อมขับความกลัวออกไปสิ้น
Thailand Bangkok Mission
picking up greenies, and inviting with them
picking up greenies, and inviting with them
sister ฝน and her son สุเทพ
dinner and rain sunday night
and a จัดจระเข้
Comments
Post a Comment