Skip to main content

What a fire week!


สวัสดีครับทุกท่านนะครับ

This week was another week of a missionary. Another fast one too. The weeks in the transfer seem to go faster as the transfer moves on...

Anyways, Monday was a way fun day. We went to Dream Land!!! It's basically the Thailand version of Disney Land but a little less intense and so not as exciting. Fun times though, even if the roller coasters were a little lacking. It was kind of downsized and made for little kids a bit, but it was still pretty fun stuff. Also, my good buddy Stop from บางเขน came along as well so that was real fun as well. The rides were fun though, and there were some water rides that were way fun stuff. Is that swimming?? ผิดกฎหรือเปล่า I'm not sure. It was fun though. After that, we headed back to the area and then we had some video call ผิดนัดs. Awesome. It was ok though because after that we got to spend some time in a neighborhood inviting and found some cool peeps. Some drunk, others just crazy..

Tuesday, we had a slower day. It was pretty สบาย in the morning though because it rained and so the air was a little cooler than normal. Anyways, we started out the day by going and buying some good old fried chicken from our friend whose husband is a recent convert and she doesn't like us. It's ok though, at least she smiles when we give her money haha. Then she tells us we don't need to come back ever again. Good times. After that we headed back home and made out way into studies after which we grabbed some lunch, and then had a quick English planning meeting since district meeting would be held Wednesday at the office while we do interviews. After that, and finished studies, we had a quick ผิดนัด some inviting, and then we taught a fantastic member who had an excellent knowledge of the gospel and he is so excited for the temple to come to Thailand!!! And so am I! Then we had some dinner and English class and a great lesson afterwards. Normal Tuesday night I guess.

Wednesday we left the house first thing and headed into Asoke. Today was interviews!! Those are always so fun. President Johnson is fantastic. He always has some pretty awesome advice and you can tell he really listens to the spirit when interviewing. And you as well. So yeah we headed out first thing and then we got to the office and ate some breakfast and had our district meeting together. It was great. Elder King really is an excellent leader and I'm grateful to have served with him. He's way solid. After that, we had interviews and I won't give specifics on what went on i guess but suffice it to say I came out thinking I knew less than when I went in haha. If that makes sense. President Johnson gave me some things to work on but that was ok. I'll do better. After that, we came home and grabbed food and studied and then we had a fun appt with a dropped investigator who is the mother and aunt of 2 RCs. It was fun haha. After that, we headed over to the church, had a quick lesson and dinner and unfortunately, BoM class never ended up happening. That's ok though I guess.

Thursday, we began the day by going to work! It was good times. We spent about an hour inviting around town and then we headed over to an LA's house and met with her for a bit. It was pretty fun. She's way nice, but just feels like her life is too hard to come back to church, which is way sad. After that, we studied and had lunch. Then we had an excellent lesson over video call with one of our daters that is thirsty for the gospel. She's fantastic. After that, we headed over to a members house to try and invite around his house to try and find any neighbors interested. No luck though. Sad day. After that, we headed to dinner by the church and then had correlation meeting. After that, we met with a fire member. He is the ward clerk and about as converted to the gospel as you can get. He's so good. His name is แขก and as far as members go he is the one I feel the most similar too. He's excellent. After that, we headed home.

Friday, we had studies right off the bat and then headed over to a less active members house and sat and talked with him and his grandma for a bit. They are a way nice family. A little savage though because the LA member, ฟลุ๊ค is a little small and they all say he hasn't grown up yet because he's so small. And he's 20. So yeah a little savage, but it's good. After that, we spent some time in the afternoon, ok all afternoon doing weekly planning. We spent a little more time than normal, but that's ok because we had an opportunity to really think and pray and plan for those we are teaching. It was good stuff. We ended up having to cancel an appointment because we weren't finished yet and the ZLs called telling us we would switch off on Saturday. But the guy was going to cancel anyway so it ended up being ok. After that, we grabbed some food and then we tried to video call an RC, but he never picked up. Oh well. Then we had a fun sports night and a great lesson with brother โอ่ม, he's so fire. I'm way excited for him. It was a fun day too, ping pong got pretty intense.

Saturday was a fire day! We had switchoffs with the ZLs and so I got to spend the day in Elder Browns area while Elder Wilcox and Elder Siebert stayed in ours. The main thing that made today so fire though was being able to learn from Elder Brown. He is such a fire missionary, and honestly one that I look up too a lot. He is an excellent leader. So it was a good day. We began the day with some good ol planing and then he had a baptismal interview to get done and so while he was doing that, I did some extra language study and followed up on some other investigators and stuff. It was fun. After that, we taught an RC and helped her to prepare her primary lesson for Sunday on the priesthood. Aftwr that we headed over to a members house to go and teach him. Unfortunately his daughter was not there and so we did not get to teach her, but we got to eat some good lunch and then talk with this guy for a bit. And boy did the rain come down while we were there. It was crazy. After that, we were late getting back to the church and so we missed our next appointment with a referral, but rescheduled or for a later day. After visiting a member real quick and then talking with an LA, we did some finding and met some cool peeps. After that, we had studies st the church and then headed over to the bishops house for FHE that night. It was way fun, and we had a good if long lesson with the investigator we brought. After that we had a quick dinner at McDonald's and then we headed home. Good times. I learned alot that day, and I'm grateful for it. I've been blessed with fire leaders all throughout my mission.

Sunday was great as normal. I woke up and at first totally forgot that it was Easter... You'd just never know here in Thailand. Elder Siebert put it rather poignantly the other day when he said today is the day that the Savior was resurrected and saved us all, and most people here would even know... Sad but true statement. Anyways, sacrament meeting was just sooo good! I feel like I say this every week, but it's so true! The sacrament is so important and I feel like I've learned alot about why it's important on my mission in the past couple of months. Great stuff. Anyways, after that we had our normal classes and things and then since it was fast Sunday we had no lunch afterward. Oh well though. We taught โอ่ม quickly and then headed out to try and find a less active member but had no luck and her neighbors had no idea where she was either. Sad day. So then we did some studies and called one of our daters over Line for a video lesson and the was pretty good stuff. After that, we tried to go and visit a dude from the ZLs who referred us to him because our house is way closer. But we could not find his house for the life of us. It was too bad. After that, we headed back to the church and got there a little late, but had a double LA ผิดนัด, it was pretty sad. It ended up being ok though, we just finished studies and had a peaceful evening at the church. I got to eat some Easter chocolate too that a member left for us so that was pretty sweet too. I was a happy man.

My spiritual thought from this week comes from my studies on humility. It's good stuff for sure. One of the most important Christlike attributes. Of course they are all important, but this one is pretty good. Anyways, I love this sentence from PMG about it.

To be prideful means to put greater trust in oneself than in God or in His servants.

And this one too..

Pride is competitive; those who are prideful seek to have more and presume they are better than other people.

These two lines really gave me some food for thought this week and how I can change my work as a missionary to be better and more effective. This verse from the BoM sums up my other feelings I have about humility. It's when Nephi chastises his brothers. (1 Nephi 16:3)

3 And now my brethren, if ye were righteous and were willing to hearken to the truth, and give heed unto it, that ye might walk uprightly before God, then ye would not murmur because of the truth, and say: Thou speakest hard things against us.

What I learned from this week is humility is a willingness to CHANGE. And change in the way the Savior wants us to. Oftentimes if not all the time, that will require personal sacrifice. I've definitely seen that in the past nine or so months. Are we willing to trust in God and let Him shape us the way we need to be? Do we love and trust Him? Will we submit ourselves to him willingly and put aside the natural man?? (Mosiah 3:19) If we do, he will make more of ourselves than we can by ourself. I know that to be true.

I know Christ lives, loves and died for us. He is our Redeemer and with Him on our side, nothing is impossible!!!!!

Have a wonderful week,

Elder L


fun times at dreamworld, some inviting is in there, and dragonfruit and my easter candy and resultant fat moving in








Comments