Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!!!!! สุขสันต์คริสต์มาส!!

Hello everybody!!!

This week was a blast and a blur. But good on all accounts! I just wish I could be a missionary forever haha, it's the best!!

So Monday, we went and tried on suits so that the next week (today) we could pick them up. I'll just say it right now, it looks same feels way good but I'm getting the pa he adjusted and so I only have the suit but man it looks good. I'm pretty pumped haha.

Tuesday, we had interviews with president Johnson. Wow he is soooo awesome. I love interviews with him. He talks like God is really there while he is praying and it was in inspiration to me to make my prayers more meaningful because He really is there!!! And he loves us. After that is was pretty run of the mill because interviews went a little late and so we were at the office for a while. After that we had a way fire district meeting. I'm not sure what it is with serving in บางเขน, but I've got the best companions, districts, members and investigators! It's seriously a quadruple wammy! And so fun. I told president thst I wanted to stay here for my whole mission and he just laughed at me... After that we headed over to English class and then to Don Meuang for a switchoff with the ZLs. It was way fun I love those guys and switchoffs are always way fun because you end up talking most of the night and having a blast that night.

Wednesday was waaaay fire. Elder Blocker and I switched off and we rocked it! It was such a fun day. We studied in the morning and then hit the streets that afternoon out to find one of God's children to teach. It was a good day. We headed over to an RCs house and gave him a blessing for hjs amr which has like 15 staples in it. I love being able to give blessings. My vial of oil is one of my most precious possessions. After that we taught a super awesome investigator ans then hung out with the relief society president for a bit and she told us who she needs to us to visit. Then she showed us a good place to invite. It was good fun. We finished the day with singing some Christmas carols.

Thursday, we had some good ol weekly planning. After that we ran around town and invited in a place way north of our area that we aren't in around as much. I'm so grateful that my language is coming along. Taking with people, as long as you open your mouth gets easier and easier and the language just starts coming. After that we taught our fat nine year old investigator,  พูพู. He's way awesome. Just needs to come to church.

Friday, we taught our fun investigator อนัน who speaks neither Thai nor English fluently. It's way funny. Fun lessons. His English is better than his Thai. After him we has some good ol studies. Then correlation meeting. I love that meeting. When it's focused anyway. It was good today, the bishop was there and the WML, and we really pounded out things to do to help investigators progress. Then we had some way fun sports night and the elders played basketball together and it was fun.

Saturday, elder Allen and I got up at 530 to go and play some ball at a nearby park. It was way fun. After that, we had some studies and left the house for inviting!!! It's way fun when you have a good attitude about it. Which mine was not terribly good today, but I warmed up to it and you just gotta learn to love it! It's the best! Be bold. After that we had the ward Christmas party and it was way fun. I love our ward and the spirit we had there.

Sunday, we had one hour of church and a way cool lesson with an old English learner. She was way good and it was a fire lesson. After that we had the best part of the day. Elder Allen and I  went to the hospital and gave a blessing to a young man in the ward who got bit by a bad mosquito. I really felt the spirit in there and my Thai was perfect in the blessing!! It definitely wasn't me speaking. Way cool experience. After that we had a way good dinner with the members and some fun games.

Ok spiritual thought of the week!! This has become my favorite scripture. Recently as we have shared it many times in lessons to explain the meaning of Christmas.
2 Nephi 19:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
I testify that we can have peace in our lives as we make Christ the center of our lives. He is sooo awesome!!! And through him anything is possible.

Love you all,
Elder Ells

(My name keeps getting shorter. It will probably end up being just L by the end of all this)


Merry Christmas everyone!
We had some Christmas morning basketball and sokme excellent dinner last night!
This is our nine year old investigator who is incredible fat. His name is พูพู (poopoo)

And there was clearly some kids playing around in salt lake city...










Comments