Skip to main content

First week out of greenie hood!!

Hello everybody!!!

This week was a brand new week for me and Elder Allen. He moved from Chonburi, and he and I will serve together for this transfer, and we will have a white Christmas with plenty of baptism, so we are pumped!!!!

Monday, we did not have Pday since it was transfers week, so that was a little weird to wake up after Sunday night, and know that we had a normal day of work a head of us. It was good stuff though. Gotta love missionary life!! It's the best! Unless you're sick, and then it's a long day. So I am pretty sure I had bad eggs last Saturday, and Sunday and Monday I was just miserable. I didn't eat much, and slept through most of studies. Eventually, Elder Bunker was like you need help, so we called the mission nurse and got some drugs, and I improved by the afternoon, but boy was it a long day!! We still taught some great investigators though.

Tuesday, I felt sooo much better. I went to bed early the night before, and woke up feeling waaaay better. I was pretty much all better, there was a couple of times that my stomach was doing somersaults, but I felt way better. We got to teach some great investigators, and gave a date to one! Then we had English class, which was way fun, and that was pretty much the day.

Wednesday was Pday! It was pretty laid back. Since Elder Bunker was already packed, we didn't have to spend much time doing that, which was good. Basically we just emailed, and then went and ate lunch with a member here, and went to the mall, where we got to hold the iPhone X and see what that was all about!! That was way cool.

Thursday was transfers! My new comp is Elder Allen moving from Chonburi (South Bangkok), and he is from Provo UT. He also has cousins in the Tri Cities! They are the Bagleys. He is way awesome, and we will have a white Christmas this month. We are way pumped to go out and work hard, and find some baptism!!! Thursday was lots of weekly planning, helping Elder Allen get familiar with the are, and we visited a couple of peeps in the evening. It was good stuff.

Friday, we studied in the morning, and had an appt at the church fall through, so that was a little stinky, but we didn't let that get us down. After that, we taught an investigator named ดำ (dam) who is way funny. He is a little crazy, but a good guy. He keeps telling us that if we need a place to stay, we can always take the couple of rooms downstairs for free, but we're just like, it's ok we already have a place haha. He's way nice though, and we taught his mother briefly too. We gave her a Book of Mormon, and he told us she can't see very well, and so she wouldn't be able to read it, but right then and there, she opens the book and just starts reading from it! It was way funny. After that, we headed over to a local KFC, and taught a couple of friends of an RC of ours. It was way good stuff, and then we headed over to sports night, and were a little late. Traffic here is some of the worst in the world. Literally. We were standing on a bus for probably close to 1.5 hours on a bus right that would normally be 15 minutes max.

Saturday was a little disappointing. We had a cancelled appt in the morning, but had some good food for lunch, and then we set out to find a 9 year old RC named เมฆ. (Meg) We did not find her unfortunately, so we will have to go out and try again in the coming weeks. She hasn't been coming to church because her parents won't let her, so we are going to figure something out that can help her come back. After that, we just came back to the apartment, finished our studies, and left to go play some basketball with a member and his friends. Brother Matthew is about 18, and will leave on his mission in April. He is currently just waiting for his call to come in the mail!! It's way exciting. So we played some ball, and then taught one of his friends afterwards. It was way fun, we will also go back next week probably since Matthew said he would have more friends next week that couldn't come for this one.

Sunday was a good day. The sacrament is always a highlight of the week. I love sacrament meeting, and fast and testimony meeting is a good one. After church, we had a baptism!!! Brother พริ้ว was baptized by Matthew. It was so awesome, and I gave a talk in it and I just love baptism. It's the best. After that we taught a huge fat 9 year old the 10 commandments. It was interesting. Dinner was spaghetti too. It was way good stuff. AHHHH I love Thailand!!!

Spiritual thought for this week: It comes from 2 Nephi 4:32-34

32 May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my heart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may walk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!

33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine enemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.

34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

This week, I've really had some meaningful prayers trying to figure out how to be senior comp for a little bit while Elder Allen becomes familiar with the area. It's hard! Especially when you don't speak the language all that well. I've learned about meaningful prayer, and trusting that he will be there and help you when you need it. I have really asked that He helps with me with finding appointments this week, and guiding my paths this week, which he has helped me out with some. He still expects me to go out and work, and do my part. Which I do, but I really know that I cannot do it on my own, and I need his divine help, always. And I testify that I know He lives. I know He answers prayers. As we pray for specific answers, we will get them. But we need to ask specific questions, and be specific in prayers. He will help you! Just talk to him. Develop a relationship with Him. To do that, you need to, as President Uchtdorf has said, "Have some meaningful time ALONE with Him."

Have a fantastic week everyone!!!

Elder Ellsworth - 
เอ็ลเดอร์ เอ็ลสเวิร์ธ
for perfect love casteth out all fear
เพราะความรักที่บริบูรณ์ย่อมขับความกลัวออกไปสิ้น

Thailand Bangkok Mission


Me and Elder Allen, Christmas lights, old lady reading and BAPTISM!!!​








Comments