Hello everybody!
What a week it has been! After 30+ hours of travelling, we finally made it to Thailand!!!
I'm just going to go ahead skip the flight to Thailand, and my last week in the MTC because to be honest, I don't really remember much of either. The flight went well enough though, and we finally made it to President and Sister Johnson. The moment we saw the yellow angel Moroni and we knew that we made it, was a pretty awesome feeling, not going to lie.... After that we just got to our hotel and hit the sack, and I was out so fast.
The next day, we came to the mission office first thing in the morning after breakfast, which was absolutely delicious. I really love Thai food!! Our first full day in Thailand was full of administrative things. We had an opportunity to have some personal study, while President Johnson pulled us out one by one, and interviewed all of us. He is a great president. I really like him. After that, we had some lunch. Then we had an orientation with the senior missionaries about how the work in Thailand is going and what we are expected to do. Then we had some blood work, and then pictures and I won't bore you with all the details of that day, but a highlight was we went to Lumphini park where President Hinckley dedicated Thailand for preaching the gospel in. Way cool. At the end of that day, we were all exhausted, and hit the sack shortly after that.
The next day, we met out trainers, and got to work. My trainer is Elder Bunker. He is way cool, and we get along well. He is absolutely fearless when it comes to inviting people on the street which is awesome to see. Way cool. That first day, we taught the restoration to a potential investigator, and I said the first vision, and explained about Joseph Smith. It was pretty cool.
The next day, I don't really remember, if I'm going to be honest, the days here are already starting to run together. But a miracle we've had everyday last week, is we found someone on the street, and taught them the restoration. Way cool. If you are willing to go out and invite everybody, the Lord will put people on your path so that you can teach them. It's way legit.
This week, we got 12 new investigators, and had 3 baptism this week!! And we have 4 next week!!! It's way awesome. So yes, I baptized a convert my first week here, in Thai. Way cool. The spirit was so strong during that. The church is true!!!
Church here is way different, I bore my testimony in Thai in sacrament meeting, but I had no idea what was going on for the rest of those 3 hours, but the members here are great member missionaries, and love the missionaries. Missionary life in the best!!
Until next week,
Comments
Post a Comment