Hello Everybody!!
Holy cow this week has gone by faster than all of last month!! All of the elders here are ready to just get out of here and head out to Thailand already! Don't get me wrong, the MTC is great, but we all can only take so much of it!!!
Last Tuesday, we had a devo with Elder Sitati from the seventy. He was awesome. He talked about charity and how we can best trust in the Lord as we go forth to serve.
Wednesday came, and it was business as usual. Eat, class, study sleep, repeat. I also led tours on Wednesday, and saw no one I knew, but met a couple of Elders that are headed to the Kennewick mission, so that was cool.
Thursday, our teacher who is actually a native of Thailand went back home to be with her family. We were all disappointed to see her go, but can't wait to see her again hopefully in the next couple of months. She is such an amazing teacher, and really helped us out sooo much.
Friday, we had an interesting language activity where we closed our eyes and were given directions from our companion in Thai on where to go so we would be led to the drinking fountain down the hall. It was interesting to be sure. I promise no elders were harmed in the activity haha.
Skipping to Sunday, we had Elder Ballard stop by and gave us an amazing sermon! And we get Elder Anderson tonight!! How cool is that?? 3 apostles in 2 weeks! Elder Ballard's talk centered alot on obedience and worthiness. The main thing we all got from it was don't give Satan an inch. It was very Elder Holland-esque in that sense, but lacking the same fire to singe eyebrows and such. We all loved it. It felt like a large group of grandchildren sitting as Grandpa Ballard imparted wisdom to us all.
That's about all the events of this week. I apologize if it is a little boring, I'll try and finish strong here.
Quote of the week comes from Elder Bednar: "Nothing is less impressive than someone trying to look impressive." food for thought
Spiritual thought of the week:
In Thai, come and go are very specific verbs. Come literally means move closer to the speaker. (and I'm using english words here, but imagine I'm saying the Thai ones in place of them) Go literally means go away from the speaker. So when we recite our purpose and say "invite others to come unto Christ," saying that in Thai denotes we are already at Christ because we are saying "come". It was definitely a changed perspective for me. As missionaries, we need to be near Christ already, for how else can we bring others to him. Our teacher spent about 10 minutes explaining that, and how important it is for us to be clean and ready always.
I hope you all have the greatest week ever!!!
Elder Ellsworth
Holy cow this week has gone by faster than all of last month!! All of the elders here are ready to just get out of here and head out to Thailand already! Don't get me wrong, the MTC is great, but we all can only take so much of it!!!
Last Tuesday, we had a devo with Elder Sitati from the seventy. He was awesome. He talked about charity and how we can best trust in the Lord as we go forth to serve.
Wednesday came, and it was business as usual. Eat, class, study sleep, repeat. I also led tours on Wednesday, and saw no one I knew, but met a couple of Elders that are headed to the Kennewick mission, so that was cool.
Thursday, our teacher who is actually a native of Thailand went back home to be with her family. We were all disappointed to see her go, but can't wait to see her again hopefully in the next couple of months. She is such an amazing teacher, and really helped us out sooo much.
Friday, we had an interesting language activity where we closed our eyes and were given directions from our companion in Thai on where to go so we would be led to the drinking fountain down the hall. It was interesting to be sure. I promise no elders were harmed in the activity haha.
Skipping to Sunday, we had Elder Ballard stop by and gave us an amazing sermon! And we get Elder Anderson tonight!! How cool is that?? 3 apostles in 2 weeks! Elder Ballard's talk centered alot on obedience and worthiness. The main thing we all got from it was don't give Satan an inch. It was very Elder Holland-esque in that sense, but lacking the same fire to singe eyebrows and such. We all loved it. It felt like a large group of grandchildren sitting as Grandpa Ballard imparted wisdom to us all.
That's about all the events of this week. I apologize if it is a little boring, I'll try and finish strong here.
Quote of the week comes from Elder Bednar: "Nothing is less impressive than someone trying to look impressive." food for thought
Spiritual thought of the week:
In Thai, come and go are very specific verbs. Come literally means move closer to the speaker. (and I'm using english words here, but imagine I'm saying the Thai ones in place of them) Go literally means go away from the speaker. So when we recite our purpose and say "invite others to come unto Christ," saying that in Thai denotes we are already at Christ because we are saying "come". It was definitely a changed perspective for me. As missionaries, we need to be near Christ already, for how else can we bring others to him. Our teacher spent about 10 minutes explaining that, and how important it is for us to be clean and ready always.
I hope you all have the greatest week ever!!!
Elder Ellsworth
Comments
Post a Comment