Skip to main content

week 5 (is that right?)

Hello everybody!!!

This week has been great. I would totally say its been another week in paradise, but ya know, I'm still in the MTC, and have yet to be in Thailand, so I'll save that for later.

Anyways, nothing terribly exciting happened in the last half of last week, just class, study and more class. But there are some golden nuggets I've got. Elder McDonald and I have had the best week of lessons since our arrival at the MTC. It's been soo cool to see how we've grown together, and how well we work together. We've received multiple compliments on how well we teach together over the past little bit.
On Wednesday, we had a lesson planned out to discuss faith and repentance. When we got to the lesson, our investigator had all kinds of questions about the plan of salvation, and specifically the three kingdoms of glory, so we put aside what we were going to teach, and answered all of her questions. It was so cool. I love lessons where they have lots of questions, those are the easy ones. After that lesson, our teacher pulled us aside and told us how proud she was of us for addressing the needs first, and doing a good job of teaching the investigator, not a lesson. We were pretty pumped. That was a good day.

Lessons just got better throughout the week, and I am pumped to see what we can do out in the field, in Thailand. I'm just ready to go 1,000,000 mph already, except for the fact that they use kilometers in Thailand, and the language will hit me in the face like a brick wall when we get there, but oh well right?
On Sunday, the entire MTC watched a devotional by Elder Bednar called Character of Christ. It's so legendary, all new missionaries are required to see it their first week at the MTC. After it finished, you know who walked into the room??? Nobody other that Elder Bednar himself!! He stayed for another 2.5 hours or so and just had a Q&A session with us. It was soo cool. We didn't even get back to our dorms till 10:15. Totally worth it though. Then on Monday, an elder in my zone was talking to the MTC president, who told him that we will be in for a couple more surprises before we leave, so that's super awesome. I am excited.

Spiritual thought for the week comes from Elder Bednar:
Your mission is not about you. You need to work hard, prepare like crazy, and want it with everything you've got, but in the end, you can't want it for yourself. You need to want two contradictory ideas just more than you can describe. You need to want it with every part of your being, and yet you can't want it because when you become selfish, then miracles will cease. It's hard to describe in text, but it's a powerful thought. If you can, watch the devotional Character of Christ, its an hour long, but waaay worth the length.

Hope you all have the bestest week ever!!!

Elder Ellsworth

ps quote of the week comes from an elder in my district who misspoke at dinner.
"I just can't wait to get to Thailand, eat some crickets and impress some Thai women"
there's a little back story to that, but I'm out of time so maybe ill tell it last week

pps the picture attached is elder ellsworth written in Thai, pretty cool, huh?

Comments