Skip to main content

LAST PDAY IN THE MTC, HOW CRAZY IS THAT????

Hello everybody,

In answer to everyone's question, yes I am excited out of my mind, and super nervous, and it's basically a huge roller coaster this whole last week, but it's good stuff!!


So
Tuesday, we had Weatherford T Clayton come and speak to us. It was good stuff. He talked about the BOM and how important it is in missionary work. But it was his wife's talk that I like the most. She talked about how the Savior took two fishes and five loaves of bread and made it enough to feed 5,000 plus people. She then related it to missionary work, and how we have a small offering that we offer to the Lord and as long as we rely on him, and follow Him, he makes more of it that we ever could on our own.

Wednesday, we had some sick elders in our district, and that kind of continued throughout the week. People had to miss class and rest, so that was no bueno. But by the turn of the weekend, we were all well enough to get to attend class and all that good stuff. This week was a little rough for the zone as well, everyone has been a little under the weather, but most everyone is doing better now.

Thursday was great, class study eat more class and bed. I have been faithful in 100 pushups and 20+ pullups everyday. I guess we will see how that goes over when we actually get to Thailand.

Friday was service! There's nothing like cleaning the toilet to brighten someone's day right?? It's actually not that bad though because they are cleaned everyday so they never get very dirty. We also taught another TRC lesson via skype although this time it was with a sister missionary who lives in Utah,  but had served in Thailand. She was super enthusiastic about the gospel, and super fun to teach.

Saturday was pretty normal, nothing to exciting. For exercise on Saturdays I like to do intervals across the missionary field which is 150-200m or so. I did 8. It was good times. (track coaches at home you better be proud;)) after that, I sat and talked to a couple other elders who ran with me, and we just talked about high school adventures and stuff, and other fun stuff. There's another elder going to Thailand named Elder Davis who is pretty cool. Anyway, I got talking to him, and so he dated a girl on the track team at BYU and was telling me all about how cool the team is and how I should totally do it when I get back. So that was really cool, and I am pumped to come home and try that out, but first I've got a way more important work ahead of me.

Sunday was the last time we got talks in English for two years since we leave this weekend, and it's testimony meeting this Sunday. Crazy right?? After the devotional Sunday, we watched an old devotional from Elder Holland called missions are forever. For anyone considering going on a mission, WATCH THAT DEVO!!! It is sooooo good. Missions are the best, and they will change your life, but only if you let it. And it's totally worth the effort.


Monday, well it was a Monday.


This morning, we got to go to the temple for the last time for two years... It was a little sad, but great while it lasted. Also the temple food is sooo good. Breakfast was great this morning.


Spiritual thought of the week:
10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

I have learned that as I get out of the Lord's way and let him do what is HIS work in the first place, things go so well. I need to learn that He has a plan for everyone, and as we trust him, things will work out for our benefit. I promise that, from my own experience. The choir director once told us somewhat jokingly "We can't do the work of the Lord without the spirit, but we can mess it up" Or something along those lines.
Anyways, go to work, be humble, and have a great week!!!
Elder Ellsworth
PS next email will be sent from Thailand how cool is that???

Comments